NEW - ZEALAND
" BIG PICTURE THINKER"
CODE OF CONDUCT
2019 - Picton I-site
Visitor experience specialist. Travel consultant. Observation of the cruises customers behaviours and also study of the Tiaki Promise project. Offered a concept to develop the local businesses network using a royalty card (package) to value and protect the local population from the increase of prices while being attractive for the visitor.
2019 - Le Café Picton
Analyze the potentials of opening a coffee shop dedicated to travelers. An alternative visitor centre using the design and atmosphere of a coffee shop to advise and give the best experience to travellers. My double position working at the visitor centre and restaurant was strategic and powerful to approach the visitors and locals.
Why New-Zealand ?
New-Zealand has an interesting tourism strategy including the Tiaki Promise.
- Delphine lived in a shared-house with kiwi people where we hosted international travellers. The interactions and viewpoints were insightful. She also experienced the power of being a “travel coach” (life coach for travellers) and not just a travel consultant.
- Approached new profile of tourists (cruise ship)
- understanding new ways to manage a visitor centre and local tourism organisation.
- Experienced emotional intelligence to organise the visitors experience and deal with times of crisis.
- Insight from NZ tourism strategy to reduce the impacts tourism (Tiaki Promise, local legislations, etc.) and their way to collaborate and include the Maori culture. (Te papa museum)
- Analysed the potentials of opening a coffee shop dedicated to travellers. An alternative visitor centre using the design and atmosphere of a coffee shop to advise and give the best experience to travellers.